Saturday 3 September 2011

TAOP - A narrative picture essay.



Outline: Set yourself an assignment and photograph it. Tell a story in a set of pictures numbering between 5 and 15. 


Planning:
As it's August bank holiday monday, there are a few days out available to take my family to and have chosen Cardiff Festival 2011 at Cardiff Bay Harbour.

I have been to the area on many occasions and so am aware of the layout of where the stalls,etc will be placed. There is a walkway over what is known as 'Roald Dahl's Plass' where I could get some general overview shots.
I am thinking of the final images being like a leaflet or brochure about the festival itself and so am hoping to be able to get images that people looking at would think it's a good family friendly day out. With this in mind there are a few images that I really would like to get:

  1. A general image of the set up and location
  2. A view of any stalls/items for sale
  3. Any entertainment on offer
  4. views of the harbour
Assignment:


Cardiff 
Harbour
Festival 
2011 






Set under the watchful eye of the Opera House


A variety of goods on sale at the market stalls




Many boats and vessels to see including tall ships 'matthew'

Hop aboard and take a look around





Watch artists at work

Let the kids have a go at bridge building with ICE

Plenty of entertainment

Relax and enjoy some music
















For the brave

Fairground rides for the famly

 Balloons for the kids




A Great Family day out! 






Cardiff Harbour Festival 2011 - A great day out for all the family




Conclusion: I am pleased with how the images and this exercise overall came out. I tried to highlight the fact of it being a family day out as well as give an overall image of what there is at the festival. I think I captured exactly what I was hoping to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment