Sunday 20 March 2011

TAOP - Curves.

Outline: Take four photographs using curves to emphasise movement or direction.

Looking through my photo catalogue, I came across the following pictures which I think represent 'Curves'.


This is the promenade wall at Porthcawl sea front. I feel the curve here represents direction, highlighting the curve of the promenade all the way to the edge of the frame.



I came across this man made pebble trail at Llangennith beach. Again, this picture represents direction, with the subtle curve of the pebbles leading off into the dunes.


I think this image of clouds has a good feel of movement. The slight curve in the clouds gives the impression that the clouds are moving towards the camera.



This picture was taken as the tide was going out at Ogmore-by-Sea. The curves in the water give a great sense of movement and you can almost feel the water lapping up onto the shore.

Conclusion:
I didn't find this exercise as easy as the previous two, however I can see through these photos how curves in different settings can create different compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment