Wednesday 16 March 2011

TAOP - Diagonals.

Outline: To add to the set of vertical and horizontal lines, take four photographs which use diagonals.




I took this picture, again of Cardiff Central Station, looking down the platform. The roof and the platform edge, as well as the opposite platform are all creating diagonal lines.


This picture was taken from one end of Porthcawl promenade. The railings on the right and the wall on the left create diagonal lines to the centre point of the image.


I took this picture at Ogmore beach as I found the formation of rocks fascinating. They all seem to be in straight lines. So I tilted the camera to make the image appear more abstract at the time, but the rocks now makes great diagonal lines.


This is a picture of the washing line pole. The position of the sun and me taking the photograph make the washing line and it's shadow seem diagonal.

Conclusion:
As with the previous exercise, I wasn't expecting to find this exercise as simple as it was. I found that the perspective of the image and even something as simple as tilting the camera can create fantastic diagonal lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment