Wednesday 16 March 2011

TAOP - Horizontal and Vertical lines.

Outline: Take a total of 8 photographs, 4 examples of horizontal lines and 4 examples of vertical lines.



This vertical line was created in Cardiff Central Railway Station. The roofing created a lovely pattern on the floor and as I was looking down at it, I feel it makes a lovely vertical line through the picture.



This picture was taken in the garden. Nice vertical line through the picture, being the trunk of the palm tree.



These are the drainpipes on the side of a house.  The left pipe is very vertical with me looking up at it. The right pipe is more diagonal that vertical.



This is the balcony of a children's play house. Numerous vertical posts create a row of vertical lines.


This is a picture looking out the window. I thought the blinds gave a good impression of horizontal lines through the image.


I took this photograph as I liked the lighting on the sea from the sun. The most obvious horizontal line is the horizon, placed almost centrally in the picture. However, the breaking water and the 'line' made between the sand and the pebbles create more horizontal lines.


This is a normal garden bench. I took the picture at 55mm so the bench seat and back fills the frame. This focuses on the planks of wood in both the back and the seat, creating many horizontal lines.


The horizontal lines in this image are created by the actual steps themselves but are also added by the shadows of the steps, on the steps themselves, due to the sun being directly above the top of the steps.

Conclusion:
I was expecting to have to plan a day trip to complete this exercise but after a few hours in the garden, I realised that lines can be created anywhere and by anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment