Monday 25 April 2011

TAOP Real and implied triangles.

Outline:  Produce two sets of triangular compositons in photographs, one using 'real' triangles, the other making 'implied' triangles.

Real:

Thinking of an actual triangle, I first thought of road signs and this one happens to be on the road behind my house.




I took this photo of my childrens play house, looking up at the subject to create a triangle by perspective converging towards the top of the frame.





This picture is of my daughters toy house. I stood over it and captured the image looking down to create a triangle by perspective converging towards the bottom of the frame.





Implied:

I arranged a group of objects to create a triangle with the the apex at the top of the image.




Then I created a similar arrangement, using objects that were to hand thanks to my little girl, with the apex at the bottom of the frame.




This is a picture of my friends and I. The way we are  postioned in the picture shows how our faces make a triangle shape.




Conclusion:
Triangles can be created in photographs in a variety of ways. This exercise has highlighted this fact, showing the difference between real and implied triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment