Sunday 5 June 2011

TAOP Colour into tones in black and white.

Outline: Arrange a still life set up, using objects with pure, contrasting colours and take one exposure. Using photo editing software, create the five monocrome versions of the pictures, as shown in the notes by adjusting the red, yellow, green and blue filters.

Colour:



I shot this image in RAW and used my editing software afterwards. I then changed the image to 'monochrome' (there was no 'greyscale' option) and kept the filter neutral.

Neutral:

I then changed the filter to Red:


Then to yellow:


and finally to green:


Conclusion: I have learned more about using the colours and filters to highlight certain objects during the black and white process. You will notice that the 'blue' filter image is missing. This is because my software didn't have the option, it had an orange filter instead. Rather random.

No comments:

Post a Comment